Sunday, July 01, 2007

HappyUP!!! Harvest It UP!!!



Quite frequently - I get asked the question, "Nutster, how is that garden coming along?"

How am I supposed to answer that? - there is a piece of me that wants to beat myself up over the care (or lack thereof) of my beefsteak tomatoes this year.....

There is another piece of me - that is very nurturing and supportive. The beefsteaks came up fast this year. In retrospect, this meant that I needed to spend more time training the vines earlier in the process. I also needed to water less, I think, because there was less heat. I am experiencing a lot of "splitting" which I am told occurs when there is too much water in the fruit prior to the change of color...
So...lesson learned - less water, less laziness early in the season for the tom tom's.

Other than that - I won't answer the question. I'll let a picture of this morning's harvest leave you to be the judge.

....and, while not pictured here - how about those melons???? I can't wait for the next ones to come along and be plucked. I see a melon patch in my future next year!

No comments: