Sunday, July 29, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 184


HappyUP!!! - the tomato sink
Why it happened - it's a couple of time a week occurrence around here during harvest season
Why it makes me happy - I don't know. Is it a seeing the fruits of one's labor so literally that brings me joy? I till, I plant, I grow, I pick, I wash.....and then I have almost 100% more tom toms than I need. Actually, there is another step to the process......I drive. I will be making drop and go's anonymously today.


HappyUP!!! - the Carerra Cat
Why it happened - who knows what gets into Shadows head.
Why it makes me happy - I came out and saw Shadow

perfectly perched in the classic cat sitting position right in the center of my car. Now, for a second, I turned into "car guy" in my brain....you know....the one who thinks a car is something a bit more than what gets you from here to there and treats it better than his children. That guy isn't me. After that quick flash of wanting to toss the cat passed, I just started cracking up. Here Shadow has the ENTIRE world to choose in which to sit and she chooses right in the middle of the top of the car. She looked like an old time police light on top of the car....only black. Unfortunately, as I rushed back in to get the camera and set up for the shot, her nirvana was obviously upset. She had gotten her point across as to who the queen was. She now felt it was time for her massage from the photographer. Is this where the term p---y whipped came from?


HappyUP!!! - my little Fender Amp
Why it happened - I asked the guy at the counter if he had a good small amplifier.
Why it makes me happy - I was really talking about something a bit more substantial than this one. I have an amp that I can't get everything out of because I would have the neighbors fleeing for a neighboring state if I turned it up enough to drive it. When the clerk brought me this cute little $30 battery operated item, I said, "Cute! What is that gonna do?" But, I bought it anyway. Now, I can make awful noises anywhere in the house without too much clutter. I can even throw it in the car should I want to go irritate my friends!

No comments: