Thursday, July 26, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 181


HappyUP!!! - no rush
Why it happened - I woke up early...but had no appointments
Why it made me happy - I keep my own hours at work. If I start working at 8, that is late for me. I was working until 7 last night on a project. I woke up at 5 on my own today...fully rested. Rather than rush and prepare for work, I lounged a bit. I did some things around the house. I got to work around 9. It was a nice change to my routine.

HappyUP!!! - miracle worker
Why it happened - a new employee had a disaster
Why it made me happy - I showed up at a distant office just when an employee found out from the Help Desk that her computer would need to be swapped out....what a pain. I spent a few minutes, used some resourcefulness, got lucky, and the problem was fixed quickly. Talk about an excited employee! She was loving my office visit today!

HappyUP!!! - an excited new hire
Why it happened - she gave notice at her old job
Why it made me happy - I have very rarely had gratitude heaped upon me like I did with this message...very rarely. I don't think it is that people appreciate me. I think that I really get excited in using my skills and learnings to make people happy.

No comments: