Tuesday, July 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 172

A lot to pick from today - that is for sure. ....and I wasn't even looking that hard. If you look everyday, it's amazing what you will find.

HappyUP!!! - seeing long lost friend and his significant other
Why it happened - they had some time to stop by before attending a dinner
Why it made me happy - they happen to be in town for a few days. I have already written about seeing him but I hadn't seen her in 25 years or more. Reacquainting is an awesome thing.

HappyUP!!! - touching base with another old friend
Why it happened - I let him know that our other old friend (see above) was in town.
Why it made me happy - it's always good to talk to this guy. He was another one of our gang in high school. Later on, he was one of my roommates. It's cool to have these contacts. While it would be nice to stay in touch more, the absence does make the heart grow fonder.

HappyUP!!! - outstanding lunch
Why it happened - we were offsite and we got hungry
Why it made me happy - one of the people we were with likes nice lunches. There were 3 guys and one gal. Any guess as to who the "nice lunch" person was? Anyway, we had a wonderful lunch and great conversation. On top of that, my crab melt was TO DIE for!

Great meeting
Outstanding lunch
Seeing friends
Helping Dad
Toastmaster's meeting

No comments: