Tuesday, July 10, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 165

HappyUP!!! - taking Dad to an old co-workers 50 year employment anniversary
Why it happened - I was asked
Why it made me happy - while Dad and I were left down on the end of the lunch table do to accommodating for his wheelchair, he had a nice lunch out. We had a nice lunch out. I talked to some of his friends that he knows. I think that, though he can't fully participate in conversation, a parent appreciates his son conversing with his cronies on an adult level....even when the son is as old as I am. I think it is a parental pride thing. All in all, it was a nice couple hours out with Dad.

HappyUP!!! - getting stroked at lunch
Why it happened - uh....let's see...what do I say....maybe I'm hot?
Why it made me happy - an attractive 40-ish co worker sat next to me with her beautiful 4 yr old daughter. She turned and said, "excuse me, did you say you were single?" After I replied in the affirmative, she said, "because, if you are looking, I have 4 or 5 attractive friends that would find you very attractive." What do you say to that? "Hey, I'm in sales. I have to ask. If you have a card, I'll set it up," was her next comment to explain her forwardness. Attractive...average....who knows? At least I know I am more than a couple of cuts above dogmeat!

(I have to share an additional funny. She had gone a step farther to ask me what I was looking for or what my type was. Now, a little taken aback at this point, the best I could come up with was, "I like the non-mentally deranged type." She looked over to her friend and they said, "geez....he's looking for the impossible." It's scary being single sometimes.....but fun too!

HappyUP!!! - hooking up with an old client
Why it happened - I picked up the phone
Why it made me happy - I think that call is going to get the company a recruit and business from several new clients. That is a big HappyUP!!!

No comments: