Wednesday, May 30, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 123

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with my buddy, Phil.
Why it happened - we saw each other at a convention
Why it makes me happy - I only get to see my friend occasionally. Much too seldomly. We used to be peers in the same department. While still peers and still the same distance away, organizational changes mean that we don't have much contact. It is a bit of a shame but it is always good to reacquaint.

HappyUP!!! - morning speaker
Why it happened - someone had to keynote
Why it makes me happy - the speaker is an editor of Newsweek. He had a fresh perspective on the global economy and terrorism. Terrorists only win if they inflict terror was his reminder. He also mentioned that, while no one wants it, as many people have drown in bathtubs as have been killed by terrorists since 9/11. Perspective is important...even in tragedy.

HappyUP!!! - cream puffs!
Why it happened - they have great ones in SF
Why it makes me happy - oh, come on, do I really have to explain this one. All you had to do was read the sign, "World's Greatest Cream Puffs." The only thing that makes me unhappy is that I forgot to take a picture of the shop!....and I had my camera!

No comments: