Monday, May 21, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 114


HappyUP!!! - Finished "For One More Day" by Mitch Albon
Why it happened - I picked it up yesterday. Read "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "Five People You Meet in Heaven" so I thought I would collect the whole set
Why it made me happy - it was a quick, light read. I didn't take many notes. It was a nice story line....getting to see your deceased mother for one more day and finding out the things that you didn't know she knew. I have a little of that hanging around in my life so the book resonated.

HappyUP!!! - Started a New Book, "Living the Truth"
Why it happened - I don't know. I just grabbed it
Why it made me happy - after reading how some psychologists say to ignore your past, it is interesting to read the "old school" Jungian "that which we do not bring to consciousness appears in our lives as fate." This, of course, goes counter to New Age "Power of Now" Eckertt Tolle philosopy as well. I like to read it all. It is what helps make me tolerant. I am a moderate. You have a guy on the left and a guy on the right.....who is correct.
(that's not a question). John Lennon said it best, "whatever gets you through the night is alright."

HappyUP!!! - finding that I had my cell phone
Why it happened - it went off during a meeting
Why it made me happy - I thought I had grabbed my old, dead cell phone (which is identical to my new one in looks). The precluded a trip home with no phone to make calls on in the process. Yeah, it's a little thing but it was a big relief.

No comments: