Thursday, May 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 117

HappyUP!!! - found out heartwarming news
Why it happened - I ran into the sister of a girlfriend I had 25 years ago
Why it made me happy - I found out my ex-girlfriend was doing well. She's been married for 15 yrs. She has two boys that are 10 and 8. When we split up, she was in her early twenties. She was the oldest of 4 from a broken home. Somehow, she managed to go back to college (something I had hoped she would do) and is now a special education teacher. She was a waitress just trying to get by...and take care of siblings and a mother with a severe mental disease. The cards were stacked against her. She overcame those things. It warmed my heart beyond belief to hear that someone that was so nice (she was "the one that got away") accomplish these achievements. There are some special ed students who are being touched by a real angel.

HappyUP!!! - I get to take care of Dad tomorrow night
Why it happened - my sis in law called and said they will be out tomorrow night
Why it made me happy - my dad stays with my bro and sis in law. I want to help but they do it all because they are there when he gets up and goes to bed. Tonight, I get "go to bed" training.

HappyUP!!! - a great meeting with an employee
Why it happened - an unfortunate situation occurred
Why it made me happy - we had a little air between us. I didn't like that. The incident was caused by someone else. It will help my employee and I get on the same page. I love this guy so that is important.

No comments: