Thursday, May 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 110....FORE!


You have all been waiting with excitement - to find out how the Nutster did in Round 1 of ....the Sunsetter Golf Tourney. Let's see if we can tell the story while doing the HappyUP!!!s for the day.

HappyUP!!! - showing up on tourney day
Why it happened - today was the day...and I was there
Why it makes me happy - just look at the picture. A bunch of guys getting together to swing the sticks. The optimism is high. The BS factor is flying back and forth. The morning of the first day is a HappyTime...before you even move the ball of the peg for the first time.




HappyUP!!! - playing the first day with my brother
Why it happened - my brother's best friend invited me to be his partner
Why it makes me happy - my brother and I have decided not to be partners in this tournament. So, I play with his best friend. Now, whether by luck or because the pro shop wants my brother to play in the same foursome with his best friend, I got to play with the big bro today. Here is a shot of him as he gets ready to tee off this morning. Hmmm....I wonder how many beers Tiger Woods has to get ready for his first round of a major tournament.






HappyUP!!! - my partner
Why it happened - he invited me
Why it makes me happy - my partner is a really nice guy. That is all I can say. Plus, on a good day, he can get it around the course in some low numbers. He's always dangerous for that. AND...he seems to enjoy my company as a partner because he invited me...BACK... this year. Anyway, it is always good to play with Maxy!

Now....you want to know - where does the powerful Nutster team stand against the field after day 1?

Ugggggh - it was not a pretty day. Yet, despite some poor play, we managed to be in 24th place out of 66 teams. We're 14 behind the first place team but they are way out front. I think the next team is only 10 in front. Maxy and I positioned ourselves nicely today despite the errant play.

Yep - it's not too late. Team 11 has it going on. Tomorrow, we should win the prize for daily low and put us within striking distance for the overall first place win after three rounds.

No comments: