Sunday, May 20, 2007

HappyUP!!!...It's Nice to know I am not alone


For as long as I can remember - I have been preaching that there is nothing I can buy today that will make me any more happy than I am right now.

I have found that most people - react to that sermon about the same way they react to the show they sit through in Sunday at the church..

They say - "boy, you are right about that. Never thought of it that way," and shortly after the new car pops up in the garage......which shortly after becomes the car.....then the old car....but still has the same payment as the NEW car...which requires working at a job that people would really rather be doing something else than go to.

So, when a talented cartoonist puts it all together - I know that I am not alone and that there are fellow preachers out there.

That's a HappyUP!!! - for me. The feeling of belonging. My stance doesn't make me "in" and it doesn't make me "popular." Sometimes, I even wonder if I have it all wrong and should just give in......fortunately that little storm blows over in about an evening.

Thanks to my friend, Alex , who I lifted this cartoon from. Throw his blog into your bookmarks. You'll always find something of Happy interest there.

No comments: