Tuesday, May 08, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 101

HappyUP!!! - errands afternoon
Why it happened - I took the last three hours off
Why it made me happy - I bought about 5 dress shirts, 4 casual shirts, and 4 pair of slacks for work...all in about 30 minutes. On to the post office.....went like a charm (that isn't the case at the Post Office usually), handled a by phone order easily (internet wasn't working for the vendor), and a great trip to the dry cleaner. My alterations and dry cleaning will be ready early next week....PERFECT! ...got all this done in time for....

HappyUP!!!2 - GOLF
Why it happened - I made a call and got invited
Why it made me happy - I have to play in an invitational next week. My partner who invited me in the big money game invited me out today for a practice round. I haven't played all year....but managed to scrape it around in 80. I used to be a lot better than that but it's now been about 5 years since I broke 80 so I have to consider that a good score in the modern day. My backyard chipping practice really helped today. And, I won some money. AND, I beat my brother by 5 shots! Now, back in the day, that wouldn't be a big deal but he has had a habit of beating me lately.

HappyUP!!! - gave my speech
Why it happened - it was Toastmasters Tuesday
Why it made me happy - I gave a great speech with very little preperation. I need to develop the topic a bit more but the test run was a big thumbs UP!

No comments: