Sunday, May 20, 2007

HappyUP!!!...Paparazzi





Here I am
- out on a Friday night at a lovely venue. The tables are set nicely. The temperature is perfect. The sun is just starting to set behind the building so the blinding effect is about ready to go away.

It's twilight - and I am relaxing with a beautiful view of the pool.







I am not alone - many others are gathered to enjoy an evening of fellowship and dancing to an oldies band. There is enough of "the grape" to go around so that no one will be underserved.

And then....it happens - "I've got a camera and I have to take your picture" guy shows up. Now, being the immensely popular fellow that I am, I have learned to handle this individual. Celebs really screw this up. There is a simple way to take care of it. And, take care of it you must. With the advent of digital cameras and no costs to process film, this guy is running rampant upon society today.




You merely - hold your camera up to your face until he gives up. As a matter of fact, he'll drop his camera, give you a smile and then move on because he'll have forgotten that he never got a shot off of your non-behind-the-lens-face.

Why does he behave so? - because he is dying for every table to day, "hey, you are taking all the pictures. Let me take one of you....hand me your camera." Yes, this ham will end up getting his picture taken with every table.

This person - is pretty much to be avoided but it just isn't possible to do it gracefully. Therefore, arm yourself friends. Don't step out into that jungle out there without your high speed shutter in hand.

No comments: