Sunday, April 29, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 92


Just a flat out - awesome day. I may carryover a few of the JollyJottings and use them tomorrow. No! Wait! Who is to say that tomorrow may not even be better than today?

HappyUP!!!
- time in the sun with Dad
Why it happened - another trip to Martinez
Why it made me happy - I wheeled him out into the courtyard. The day was glorious. The sun was warming but there was a constant wind that cooled it off perfectly. It was a bit more than a breeze like down in Orlando. It was just wonderful. On top of it, Dad has a little spirit back. Morphine....don't! I am so glad we caught that and got him off that in time.

HappyUP!!! - potato chips in the vending machine
Why it happened - I reached out to help
Why it made me happy - while I was down at the VA Center, a vet had plunked his money down for chips. They were really stuck in the vending machine. I mean stuck! It took some Nutster McGyvering and a bit of dexterity that this wounded vet didn't have to get them out. It was looking grim but I got it down. No damage to the machine either. No, I didn't save the world. I just helped a guy get some chips. Yet, it made me happy.

HappyUP!!! - a workout
Why it happened - I finally broke the seal
Why it made me happy - I was sitting here watching the NBA playoff game. I have been telling myself to start a dumbbell workout for sometime....like every time I am watching an NBA playoff game. Tonight, I did it. No, it's not a fancy bowflex workout. There were no massive weights at the gym. I can guarantee you that my muscles are going to be just as sore in a couple of days as anything else I could have done.

JollyJottings

A great phone call
Saving the cell phone
NOT going to Starbucks
NOT grabbing a sugary juice and buying some water instead
Planting a couple of plants
The helpful lady at the Cingular store
Sleeping in a bit
Gorgeous weather

No comments: