Thursday, April 19, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 82....Back Home...Ahhhh


HappyUP!!! - walking into the house
Why it happened - I was gone for meetings for 3 days
Why it made me happy - when you leave the west coast on Tuesday, go to meetings on Wed and Thursday, hop on a flight at 5:30 Eastern and walk in your door at 11:30 Pacific Time, it's a happyUP!!! That's about 9 hrs of travel time. I guess you could get used to it. I don't see how people can be business travellers. It's a HappyUP!!! just thinking about how seldom I have to do this.

HappyUP!!! - laughs with a peer in the bus from another state
Why it happened - we were on the bus to the airport
Why it made me happy - we were both busting a gut laughing over some fairly childish humor. It was one of those where he said something and we both busted up. Then, we weren't done laughing an I said something, then he said something, then I said something....we were killing ourselves with humor. Laughter is the best!

HappyUP!!! - great speaker at our meeting
Why it happened - the meeting organizers knew we needed a speaker
Why it made me happy - it was Rocky Blier of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He just had a very motivational message. I remembered him from my old days when I enjoyed football. He really embodies overcoming adversity. More important, he actually talked about all the "bad" things that happened that he wouldn't have wanted to happen....BUT...if they didn't happen that way, he wouldn't have four Super Bowl rings. He also emphasized some very small kindnesses that people did when he was down and trying to recover. It was the smallest of things that kept him going. Amazing.

No comments: