Friday, April 13, 2007

The Airman Gets De-Commissioned


"The colonel" - also known as my dad, got the news today. The blockage in the lung is non-small cell (not brought on by smoking) and is terminal.

It doesn't come as a shock - anytime an 86 year old goes into the hospital with something, you know the clock is starting to tick a little bit faster.

Today - the clock was set. 10-12 months. Radiation will probably begin next week.

What's on the Nutster's mind tonight? - pain....a hope and prayer that the month's to come spare him of pain. That is really it.

As I left the hospital - I said, "is there anything that you need from home that I can bring you?"

"Yes," - he replied, "a cure for cancer."

I cracked up - because, if you read that line the way he said it, the timing was pretty funny.

No comments: