Tuesday, April 17, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 80 Tues...off to Orlando

HappyUP!!! - easy flights
Why it happened - I had to go to a meeting in Orlando
Why it made me happy - are you kidding me? When was the last time you flew, had a connecting flight, had the perfect layover time (not too much, not too little, plenty of time to get to the next gate), and had absolutely no issues. Hey, when it happens, drink it up and praise the Lord!

HappyUP!!! - shirt off at the pool
Why it happened - I acted quickly
Why it made me happy - sure, there is a lot of knocks agains the UV rays. Sunblock is all the rage. No one talks about the nutrition we get from the sun....and the chemicals we absorb with the different creams to block it out. I got into Orlando and had just enough time to dash down to the pool and soak in the warm sun while the balmy breeze drifted over my epidermis. It was the perfect combination of warming and cooling. Ahhhhh.....45 minutes of heaven.

HappyUP!!! - a workout
Why it happened - my travelling buddy forced me
Why it made me happy - in May, I am going to be "hitting it" again. That's right. It is time to put a little extra focus on my physical health. While not terribly out of shape, I have been letting it slide. This workout was with weights. I detest weights but am coming to realize that this is the area that is most likely going to keep off the pounds. A year and a half of consistent cardio proved to be nothing more than a succession of sweat producers. It's time to build some muscle. I will be sore tomorrow but I can do this.

No comments: