Sunday, April 15, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 78

Today, we create a new variation of HappyUP!!! - this is what is great about being the founder of something is. You get to make up new rules as you go along. Hey, do you think Abner Doubleday had baseball down pat on day 1? I kind of doubt it

Normally, I would file this under some kind of "bonus HappyUP" - but it actually qualifies today because it made me happy today...even though it happened last night

HappyUP!!! - running into the person that I NOW can say that I have known the longest of anyone that I still run into. Does that make sense? Read on
Why it happened - we were both at the Apostolos dinner
Why it makes me happy - you all have someone outside of your family that you have known the longest time in your life. For most of us, the delivery room nurse or doctor would be that person technically. They were just doing a job, though. They had to be there. Last night, I ran into a lady that I went to elementary school with. She was one of my pal's kid sister. I don't know if I had seen her since high school. She lives right here in town and is doing great! Really great! That's a big HappyUP!!!...especially if you knew my graduating elementary school class. I am not thinking that much came out of that group. We were all fairly high risk. Anyway, I was pleased she was doing well and I now have a new "longest person outside of family that I still run into" person.

HappyUP!!! - met an old high school underclassman today
Why it happened - he's in real estate and I was at an open house
Why it made me happy - he was a couple of years behind me. We didn't know each other in high school. It was wild as we started to piece together how many "1 degrees of seperation" that we had. It was almost eerie! I love coincidences. They make me happy.

HappyUP!!! - saw my brother and sister-in-law
Why it happened - we both were heading to see my dad at the same time
Why it made me happy - half way between my house and the hospital, my brother called me on the cell phone. He says, "hey, who are you following?" Sure enough, I was right behind them......pretty coincidental. We have already established how I feel about coincidences.

No comments: