Sunday, March 23, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 420....



Here we are - The end of the first quarter of the year is just around the corner.

Let's talk about New Year's - "Nutster, you have lost your mind! That's 9 months away." While your first half of that statement may be correct (you could lobby and get a lot of support for your stance....without trying too hard), the second half is not.

We are only 3 months from New Year's - New Year's 2008, that is. You had a feeling perhaps that something was going to be different. For some of you reading this, you have made it happen. For some of the rest of you, things have worked against you. For others, you just plain, flat out haven't done jack about making things any different.

OK, inertia crowd - I am talking to you. If you don't want things to be different, accept it. Just accept it. You are done. You are packed in. You have nothing to prove. You are good enough and won't get any better. There is nothing wrong with that stance.......

....or, is there? - there is a reason for that little voice. What is it? The little voice doesn't need to be followed. There is no requirement. It should be listened to....and heard....and asked, "where are you coming from? Are you what I want?...or are you what I SHOULD want?"

Point of the story - if you have something to do....YOU and only YOU need to do...today is as good a New Year's Day as any. And, no matter what....

HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - no gift delivered
Why it happened - I went to take Robin Eggs to my nephew in the hospital at noon
Why it makes me happy - there was a freshly made bed and no nephew when I got there.

HappyUP!!! - petunia planting
Why it happened - I got off my fanny
Why it makes me happy - a little color in front of the house for days (years?) to come.

HappyUP!!! - seeing my nephew
Why it happened - he had paperwork for me
Why it makes me happy - I started the day expecting to see him in a hospital gown. Instead, he was at my house in a pair of shorts and a band T-shirt. HappyUP!!!

No comments: