Saturday, August 05, 2006

HappyUP!!!.....RespectYourselfUP!!!


Today is Saturday. There is work looming that I really need to pop over to the office and catch up on......I'll get there....I'll get there. In the meantime, I have diverted myself by pondering a few quotes that have come across my eyeballs today. Here is another:


"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option"

Whoa!!! That's a good one to chew on - note, I didn't say accept or make a part of your doctrine. I'm not going to tell you how to live. I suggested that you put your bicuspids to it and move it around a little bit and decide where you ring in.

As a previous quote that I explored - this one sounds pretty palatable, albeit a touch harsh, when you look at it at face value. It's edgy. There's a hint of "I am woman, hear me roar" embedded though a jilted guy could gravitate to it as well.

It seems like if you throw too tight a noose on this thought - it would be mighty difficult for love to squeeze into your life. There seems like a bit too much negotiating involved. Me thinks that there is a bit too much negotiating around love and relational issues already: "what? You want to engage in hanky panky with me......when you didn't take out the trash?" (NOTE: I've never understood what hanky panky has to do with a non-event like taking out the trash that occurred hours ago but I have heard that this kind of bartering goes on. Then again, I'm a guy so it is almost my job NOT to understand the concept even if I want to...pardon me...I just cracked myself up).


I'll be brief in summation - watch yourself whenever you see or hear absolutes like "never." It's why such pithy cliches like "never say never" NEVER go out of style. (Wow...that last sentence was a triple entendre or something like that. Did you see it...."never say never never goes out of style. If you know the right description when something like that happens......other than a confused mind.....let me know).

Where do I ring in? - we shouldn't be doormats..........but there is little value in being a doorpost either.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Food for thought! Wish I'd heard that phrase back in 1995 - it might have helped save me from a lot of grief and anxiety. As it was, had to learn the hard way. Isn't that usually the case? Sigh.