Thursday, August 24, 2006

August 24 ....The Most Important Day of the Year


I am officially rescuing August - poor August.

When the holidays were doled out - it got left behind. August did get the benefit of being given the coolest name. It's one of only three months that has a name that is used in everyday language...."Nutter's Notes is one of the more august blogs in the blogosphere"....and, let's face it, "march" and "may" don't compare when you think of word quality.

Yet - no holiday.

Sure, the people at Hallmark probably have created one - let's see, what would a possible one be? "National Water Your Plant Day" would be a possibility of something that the huge card company churned out to create more sales. .....Wait!...No!...who would buy a card for their plant to honor NWYPD?

Anyway - there is nothing official for August.

Well....there wasn't - until today.

Haven't I as much right as anyone to declare a holiday? - all it takes is enough people to save up their Paid Time Off (PTO) days from work and take the day off. It's not about a government sanction. It's about people taking action to be inactive and observe something for a common reason...

Oooooooh - there is the key! We do have to have something to observe. Hang on, dear reader. Let me step away from the keyboard and ponder upon what a good reason would be....

(Insert Final Jeopardy music here)

I've got it!!!!! - I knew that I would come up with something. I always do. While it is going to cause quite a bit of inconvenience to myself, I have decided to make the sacrifice in the name of giving all of you a global holiday.

August 24....Nutster Day - let's all put August 24 in our calenders and celebrate it as the official holiday for August. You take the day off and do any crazy thing that you want to do (please keep the thoughts of legal and moral and not hurting others in mind, however).

It's not too late - dial up the office and call in well. Tell your boss that you have an eye problem, "Hey boss, I won't be there today. I have an eye problem. I woke up this morning and I can't see. That's right....I can't see coming into work today."

........and, while you are having all the fun and crazy times of Nutster Day - remember to shoot cards, gifts, money, sacrifices (please NO burnt animals), alms, tithings, etc over my way for being the one to put this on the calender and for being so unselfish as to have shared my birthday with all of you. Hey, being famous isn't all it's cracked up to be. Just think of all of the paparazzi that I am now going to have to deal with once a year!

HappyUP!!! It's August 24....Nutster Day! - make it the most memorable one ever!!!

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Awwwww - happy birthday! Or bonne anniversaire, as the French say. Alas, I read your inspired holiday post near the end of my "work" day. So can I take tomorrow off instead and pretend it's Thursday? Hope you have a wonderful celebration, marking the beginning of your best year yet!