Thursday, March 05, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 768



HappyUP!!! - chipping contest/practice with my friend
Why it happened - he called me
Why it makes me happy - he had a little better game than I thought. I give him golf pointers from time to time. I thought today would be a short game lesson but he was fine. Just fun friendly competition

<----glad it didn't look like this out my front door today. This was Monday!



HappyUP!!! - first guy out
Why it happened - I decided to dash in 18
Why it makes me happy - taking two hours to play 18 holes without waiting is it! While my golf course doesn't have a ton of trees, it has lakes with water fowl and is just very pretty.

HappyUP!!! - good score without hitting it great
Why it happened - pitching, chipping, sand play, and some putting
Why it makes me happy - the key to golf is to do OK on days when you aren't hitting a lot of greens. I only hit 8 greens...my golf course is 7000 yards, it's wet, and it was cool this morning. For me, that adds up to missing greens. If I can still make the pars in those conditions, it will serve me well later when I'm hitting more greens when it warms up.

HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

Golfing in 2 hrs
Good scoring
Lots of good shots
Chipping contest

No comments: