Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! 788




HappyUP!!! - bunker shot on 8
Why it happened - I'm good?
Why it makes me happy - when you execute an awkward, tough shot perfectly, it's a happyUP!!! I came within inches of holing this bunker shot out.

<----the world's best ice cream... available at TraderJoes. If you like coffee ice cream, this is THE BOMB HappyUP!!! - the stock market
Why it happened - I went a lot into cash last fall.
Why it makes me happy - on the funds that I manage, I am actually ahead for the year....as of today. Yes, it has been a beating since last year but you have to win when you can. I have kept about 60% in cash since the fall. I have made a couple of shrewd trades. Just trying to work back to even from last year.

HappyUP!!! - seeing my friend
Why it happened - my friend was walking the dog
Why it makes me happy - my buddy is going to get the jacuzzi fixed. My friend has a house not far from the course and that tub could come in handy. More importantly, it's good to see friends.

HappyUP!!! - playing with the tour pro
Why it happened - he needed a game
Why it makes me happy - it's always good to play with great players. You pick up things. A little thing like putting the weight on one foot versus the other on a short shot can give you two different shots. I'll be playing with this idea.

HappyUP!!! - coffee with my buddy
Why it happened - it's Wednesday
Why it makes me happy - we had a lot of fun with the "Please use other door" sign and the human behavior around that.

JollyJottings

Portfolio up for the year
Putt on 9....bunker shot on 8...pitch on 5.....5 iron on 4.....6 iron on 16....bunker shot 17...putt on 17
Chatting with my friend
Seeing my buddy
Playing with the tour pro
Playing with a new guy

No comments: