Sunday, August 05, 2007

HappyUP!!! Prelude to day 191


It's not even 8 a.m. yet - and I can't wait until tonight to write HappyUP!!!'s.

JollyJottings (so far)

Weight - Sunday is my official weigh day and I am down 5 pounds since last week. While I can't expect this kind of weekly progress, it has been 15 weeks since I have seen this number. It's nice to know that, with a little self discipline and a program, I can still get this issue under control

Taking care of Dad - brother and sis-in-law are out of town for a week so I'll be doing duty. Yes, it's inconvenient to house sit over at their place but it's something that needs to be done. It requires a little bit of putting oneself into a "vacation mentality." You take a book and other things and then forget about the items "back home" that you should be doing.

Beautiful morning - it was over a 100 in the big Tomato (Sacratomato, that is) yesterday. There is a nice cool Delta breeze blowing right now. I am not sure it will even make 90. That is a nice summer day.

Great new book - which is based on classes being taught in college on Positive Psychology and Martin Seligman's concepts. These same concepts are where HappyUP!!! gets it's foundation. I am learning some very interesting statistics and historical information.

I'll get a run in - yes, I will....this early JollyJotting is my commitment.


No comments: