Friday, August 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 210.....Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to ME!!! - I'm not a big birthday person. With me just coming off the road trip yesterday, I was not in much of the mood to "make something happen." Still, it was a nice day.

HappyUP!!! - the Breedlove guitar
Why it happened - I was willing to step out of brand
Why it makes me happy - I lost my Taylor guitar. Taylor is a big brand name. You can't go wrong. Great instruments. When I was in Bakersfield, I was trying a Taylor. The sales guy was a GREAT guitar player. He was behind the Breedlove guitar. I came up to Roseville and was trying a couple of Taylors. The salesperson here said, "it's a great guitar. I own this one." It was a Breedlove. I am kind of fixed on the Taylor but I sat there with that Breedlove. It had a low end and a warmth that I actually could feel. It resonated with me. I could literally feel it move through my skin. I was allowing myself to feel outside of my Taylor brain. I left the store for a meeting. I went back to by the Breedlove BUT nobody wanted to help me today. Oh well, off to another store tomorrow. The HappyUP!!! was that I actually was feeling the instrument.

HappyUP!!! - my new salad vessel
Why it happened - it was my birthday and I have a great admin
Why it makes me happy - she had hand thrown a cereal/salad bowl for me earlier this summer. She knew how much I liked my water vessel that she made for me at Christmas.....and she followed it up with a nice salad bowl.

HappyUP!!! - happy birthday e-mails
Why it happened - my boss's staff broadcast to the world it was my birthday
Why it made me happy - I usually keep my birthday low key. The e-mail exchanges that were going back and forth regarding my birthday were comical.

No comments: