Tuesday, August 07, 2007

HappyUP!!! 193 - Playing Hooky

I had a bit of an eye problem today - it was such a nice day that I couldn't see going into work!

In reality - I rarely play hooky but I only have about a bazillion vacation days that everyone is always bugging me to take so I took one today. With no appointments on the docket, WHY NOT!

Tough to pick the top three today!

HappyUP!!! - running/weight/momentum
Why it happened - started on a program
Why it makes me happy - I am actually enjoying the program. Enough so that after a vigorous day of gardening (yes....it included rototilling so it was vigorous, I got my fanny out there for 4 miles of roadwork. I only ran two of them tonight...oh well, I had to walk in the other two because it was the only way home. And, an enjoyable walk it was!

HappyUP!!! - Toastmaster
Why it happened - it was Tuesday and that is when it happens
Why it makes me happy - we heard a great speech...I ran a great meeting which kept everyone involved...we finished right on time. It was a good and enriching time had by all.

HappyUP!!! - results
Why it happened - I started on the program
Why it makes me happy - just about the only thing that bugs me in life is my weight. No one would call me fat. I just know that I sometimes carry around a few more pounds than I should. When I have lost weight before, I have never focused, really focused on my diet. I have learned that it isn't that hard to be disciplined. You just eat less. When I get up tomorrow morning, I should be about 10 pounds lighter than one week ago. There was NO WAY I was expecting that kind of result that quickly. A heavy person can easily drop 10 pounds in a week with some focus. Losing this 10 pretty much puts me right up against that "last 10" right away. Bring it ON!

Jolly Jottings

-invitation to the Running Y golf course
-Toastmasters
-conversation after toastmasters
-that moment when I said, "why don't I just take today off," and I looked and saw I had no appointments
-rototilling
-mulching
-gardening
-going to the building department
-helping out dad with another problem
-going for a two mile run
-weight

No comments: