Saturday, August 18, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 204...Saturday at Pismo




HappyUP!!! - a room with an "OK View"

Why it happened - I told the hotel....I want a room with a view

Why it makes me happy - oh, please! Isn't there a phrase about pictures being worth some amount of words?







HappyUP!!! = golfing at Avila Beach Resort

Why it happened - I decided to walk on as a single and tee it up

Why it makes me happy - I don't even want to tell you how gorgeous the weather was here today. This Central California coast will spoil you. I mean....NICE! The course was kind of cute. It was a decent test of golf. I actually broke 80 for the first time in a loooooong time! I'm also happy that I wasn't the guy in the picture to your left. That is not supposed to be part of the golf course! I took this picture from where I had CRUSHED a drive (a HappyUP!!!....a rare HappyUP!!! lately) which left me only a 5 iron second shot into this par 5. It actually was a perfect drive in length and placement



HappyUP!!! - that drive I was just talking about

Why it happened - I did what I was supposed to do

Why it makes me happy - my golf swing is starting to come around. I used to be able to play a pretty mean game of golf many years ago. It has been hard trying to find my swing. This drive was out there about 300 yards and it was laid out perfectly between the two big rock hills that the fairway went through. You literally could not drop a golf ball in a better spot. The drive also had a little draw (right to left spin) which tells me that I am on the right track. More golf tomorrow!

No comments: