Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 207...Still in Bakersfield

HappyUP!!! - 9 holes after work with my boss
Why it happened - he invited me
Why it made me happy - we whipped it around in less than an hour and a half. My boss played some great golf with two birdies. The evening was pleasant and no one else was on the golf course. It was a nice conclusion to the the day.

HappyUP!!! - taking a conference call and presenting on behalf of my boss
Why it happened - I was asked to step in
Why it made me happy - there were some big wigs on the call from another business line that we support. I prepared a little bit and delivered. No stuttering. No "um's" and I gave them what they wanted to hear.
I earned some brownie points on that one for sure.

HappyUP!!! - I get to come home a few hours early on Thursday
Why it happened - my part of the facilitation wraps up by noon and the lead facilitator cut me loose
Why it makes me happy - are you kidding? It is a 4.5 hour drive home. I'll get to make business calls during business hours to help pass the time. I will also get home by 5 or 6 rather than 8 or 9. It will be like a regular work day!

JollyJottings

9 holes of golf after work with my boss
My presentation on a conference call
Learning that I get to go home early on Thursday
A new search engine trick
Facilitating training
More opportunities at work
The people at training

No comments: