Thursday, August 02, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 188


HappyUP!!! - un-mauled
Why it happened - the pit bull wasn't hungry?
Why it makes me happy - so there I was, face and arms into a tomato plant picking some cherry tom tom's when I look up. Less than 10 feet from me is a pit bull that I had never seen before.....and he is ambling toward me. I had just heard a dog barking in the alley a few minutes before. I also heard him leave. The next thing I know, he had come back through my vine covered gate that was slightly opened. At this point, there was nothing I could do except put my arms behind my back, stand there, and say, "what a nice puppy," as he came up and give me a sniff! A properly raised pit bull is a great dog...a pussy cat (with BIG, Powerful jaws). Unfortunately, he didn't have his diploma hanging off his collar. As he sniffed me, I slowly moved toward the gate and he ran and beat me to it. Out he went and the gate shut immediately!

HappyUP!!! - a meeting with the diversity council
Why it happened - I am on a committee at work
Why it makes me happy - I work for a large organization. I volunteer my time to this group. I had to miss the first meeting this year. It was great to see everyone. I met a couple of new people. I learned some new things. We will also be undertaking year 2 or an excellent project we started last year.

HappyUP!!! - sending a reference letter
Why it happened - I was asked to give one by a friend
Why it makes me happy - none of us stop, think, and say enough nice things about people. I know I don't. At least for today, I did.

No comments: