Saturday, May 04, 2019

HappyUP!!! Day 4667

HappyUP!!! - delivering the goods                                  
Why it happened - practice
Why it makes me happy - I went...I competed...I did it as well as I could...I did it better than the last time. People remember the topic and make comments and are likely to change behavior. I didn't get the trophy tonight...but I accomplished what a speech is supposed to do..IMPACT the audience and move them to change. It was also great to be supported by my buddy, LP.

HappyUP!!! - Valerie Alexander
Why it happened - she keynoted
Why it makes me happy - she delivered an excellent presentation. She had some very nice craft woven into her presentation. She did a fabulous call back. She has spent some time studying the art of speechmaking. After my presentation in the evening, she looked at me incredulously..."how were you not in the top 3?" Yeah...she is a professional speaker. She "gets it."

HappyUP!!! - Kentucky Derby
Why it happened - it's a tradition
Why it makes me happy - I LOVE controversy like this...especially when it should be no controversy at all. There was a violation. The announcers even said, "it would be a violation in a Wed stakes race but....."....well...there you go. A violation is a violation. 

HappyUP!!! - educational sessions
Why it happened - I went to the conference
Why it makes me happy- got some great stuff from the 2 sessions I attended. It was a fabulous morning.


No comments: