Saturday, September 29, 2012

HappyUP!!! Da7 2077



HappyUP!!! - tremendous evening
Why it happened - warm people
Why  it makes me happy - it was a sacred privilege to be invited into such a lovely home...by such lovely people....surrounded by so many lovely friends tonight. Nope...this was not some drunken, tawdry event......it was just fun.

HappyUP!!! - bunker shot 14
Why it happened - I had to get creative
Why it makes me happy - I had 100 yards to the pin.  Yet....I was kind of pinned up against the lip of the bunker. I had a very awkward stance....one foot in, one foot out of the bunker...and the ball was below my feet. I decided the best thing would be an extened "pitch shot" rather than a full swing. I changed clubs....hit the low runner perfectly to within a few feet of the pin. I could drop 100 balls in the same situation and not hit that shot.........and my partner and I REALLY needed that shot at that time.

HappyUP!!! - Chicken Vesuvio
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - yeah, I could have "phoned it in" from the grocery store with a deli tray. I decided to make a signature dish of mine...for the masses. No....it wasn't as good as I make it for more intimate situations...it was still tasty....and I felt good...because I brought my homemade love to the party

HappyUP!!! - Tarpit
Why it happened - she was skittish
Why it makes me happy - as I was relaxing in the backyard of our hosts, I knew about this dog. The owner brought her to me. I did my "dog whisperer" thing to this VERY skittish dog. It was the weirdest thing. As I got her to relax in my lap for over 30 minutes, I could feel the electrical vibrations going through her......yet....she didn't want to get up. Anyone that was watching could see how relaxed she was, but I could feel her shaking. Her owner said, "Scott, I am the only one in her 12 years that she will sit with like that."  Tarpit is a good dog......somewhere along the line....she learned NOT to trust....and, though she enjoyed my treatment, she will always be skittish. It was just cool to feel the vibe of that pooch tonight.

HappyUP!!! - delivering on 18
Why it happened - my pards was in trouble
Why it makes me happy - I hit 4 great shots after my pards put one in the drink. It is always a GREAT source of pride when you can step it up when trouble looms...especially on the last hole. We got out of today basically unscathed.

JJ

The usual suspects
Great par on 1....6 iron on 2....3 wood/pitch 3.....9 iron 5...drive/wedge/putt/birdie 6....drive/pitch 7....pitch on 8....pitch 9....drive/hybrid/wedge/putt 10.....6 iron 12...drive/8 iton 13...bunker shot/putt/birdie 14....3 wood/wedge/putt 15....recovery pitch/putt/grimey par 16......drive/hybrid/wedge/putt/near birdie on 18
Scrambling back to come up with a near tie
Chicken Vesuvio
Edgar
Table Topics
Such a lovely home...and evening provided for all of us

No comments: