Saturday, February 21, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 755




SUPERHappyUP!!! - we qualified
Why it happened - I put together a pretty solid round
Why it makes me happy - my golf partner and I are low handicap golfers...we don't get many strokes given to us. Normally, the low handicappers don't do well in a "net" tournament when strokes are given. We ended up in a 4 way tie for first place amongst 24 two man teams and managed to prevail. Two 2-man teams are then sent to the next round in lovely Monterey, CA, where we play Poppy Hills and the Bayonet Course at Ford Ord!.....and the greens fees are covered! HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - a playoff
Why it happened - there was a tie
Why it makes me happy - it was a sudden death affair where one miscue could knock you out. I hadn't experienced the feeling of these kinds of nerves in a long time. I used my routine to quiet the nerves and played very well in the playoff.

HappyUP!!! - running into my old friend V
Why it happened - V was out at the golf club
Why it makes me happy - I used to work with V. V left to work somewhere else and we lost track of each other. V is a cool person to hang out with and we will out at the club.

HappyUP!!! - two birdies
Why it happened - I played some solid holes
Why it makes me happy - both birdies involved hitting tricky pitches up to the hole...and I nailed them.

HappyUP!!! - 9 iron into 9
Why it happened - I hit a great drive
Why it makes me happy - the ninth hole has been tough on me. Today, I hit the best drive I could. The pin was in an awful location but I striped the 9 iron right there. Unfortunately, the ball spun off to the side and down the slope of the green (I told you it was a tough pin position) but the drive and 9 iron were about the two best shots that were humanely possible on that hole today.


JollyJottings

We qualified
Playoff nerves
Two birdies
Running into V
Conversing with Y
Conversing with TT

No comments: