Wednesday, February 25, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 759



HappyUP!!! - coffee
Why it happened - it happens every Wednesday
Why it makes me happy - we had good conversation...and a new venue. The place where we have met, La Bou, for the last umpteen years for this standing meeting has closed...a victim of the Invisible Hand.

<---how is that for a HappyUP!!! picture? When was the last time you were that giddy. I also like the child laborer in the background getting ready to plow a field. HappyUP!!! - our assistant pro joined us
Why it happened - he needed a game.
Why it makes me happy - I'm glad to be good enough to play on the periphery of his league. I got to see a lot of good shots. Plus, when you play with people better than yourself, you have to step up.

HappyUP!!! - a birdie...on hole two
Why it happened - I hit a dynamite hybrid and putt
Why it makes me happy - you know the drill...a birdie is a HappyUP!!!. Two is one of the hardest holes on our course. Most importantly, it won me a skin in the big skins game that we had with another group.

HappyUP!!! - fun communications
Why it happened - I have friends I play with
Why it makes me happy - it's good to connect through our current technologies. Texting...e-mailing...facebooking.....none of it is a substitute for face-to-face or phone but it's nice to be in touch.

JollyJottings

Coffee
Golfing with the assistant pro
A birdie...A skin
Another solid round
Communication with friends

No comments: