Saturday, August 03, 2024

HappyUP!!! Saturday, Aug 3

 Hey...I haven't actually posted - long time. I still reflect daily on those little things that occur daily. Many are very mundane. THAT is the key. It's the little things. Of course, it doesn't exclude the big things. 


HappyUP!!! - 100 degree days
Why it happened - it's weather
Why it makes me happy - I think I had been suffering a little seasonal depression a few weeks back. It was mostly due to the EXCESSIVE days over 100 degrees we are experiencing. I even dreaded May (a nice month) because I KNOW what is "just around the corner."  I went to embracing the hear. It was more of a "bring it on" attitude. It also required me to take my daily walks earlier.  It's been a good change. There was one thing stopping me there but I created a workaround (cuz I'm a GENIUS!!!...ok...not really...but I do have good ideas).

HappyUP!!! - my NEW truck stereo
Why it happened - I finally took action
Why it makes me happy - I've been driving the truck more to get miles on it. I had forgotten how much I love my old 2002 Tacoma pickup. Its only fault was the sound left long ago. I had "McGyvered" a solution....a portable speaker. I mean, "c'mon, man!"  Hey, I agree and had one installed yesterday. When I went to go to the truck today, I actually grabbed my portable speaker. What a joy it was to step in and have FULL SOUND that required zero recharging. 

Yep, should have done it months ago. But you know the old saying, "the best time to do something was 20 years ago. The second best time is today!"

HappyUP!!! - a great walk
Why it happened - used my sticks
Why it makes me happy - my hips were bugging me coming in yesterday. I thought, "what if I use those hiking poles I bought awhile back but never used." Yeah, I got them more for mountain trails I was GOING to do (yeah, hasn't happened...why drive just to walk?). They felt fantastic today. Easy to use. No pain coming in. Might have gotten a little arm workout as well. Sore tomorrow? Hey, if so, it would be a good kinda sore. 

JollyJottings

No comments: