Wednesday, October 03, 2012

HappyUP!!! Day 2081




HappyUP!!! - A's Sweep
Why it happened - a lawnchair
Why it makes me happy - the Rangers, leading all year, folded like the implement you sit in on your lawn. I still have my ticketstubs from the 70's when I went to 2 of the 3 World Series that the A's won....with my mom. She was working at the Press Tribune and got the tickets on a "tradeout" (I think that was the term). She wasn't a huge sports fan. She took me there....for me. I was SO into them back then. My allegiance/diehard fandom left me years ago. Yet, I still remember my mom's love to take me there. I even remember one game where it had rained...helicopters came in to try to dry the field....game cancelled.....we had to go all the way down the next day.  My mom?....the greatest.

HappyUP!!! - Presidential Debate
Why it happened - it's what we do
Why it makes me happy - the ads are one thing. No, this was by no means a "classical debate" as I know them. Yet, we all get to see our candidates on the spot

HappyUP!!! - Table Topics
Why it happened - I was called upon
Why it makes me happy - nope, I didn't win.......but I sure as heck cracked the crowd up today....and then also switched it up.....and gave myself permission to be human.  It felt good.



No comments: