Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1123


HappyUP!!! -Toastmasters
Why it happened - it's Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - I managed to put a speech together and delivered it well....and was beat for "Best Speaker" by one of the new members. I actually love it when "the kids" beat me.

HappyUP!!! - Avatar in 3D
Why it happened - it was raining so I caught the matinee
Why it makes me happy - hey, I can say I saw it. It was an interesting experience. The movie itself was very blatant in it's politics but entertaining. It was cool to see some expensive 3D technology.

HappyUP!!! - catching up with an industry friend
Why it happened - we set it up
Why it makes me happy - I was floored by the number of things that have happened in a compressed timeframe in my friend's world. Yet, my friend remained resolutely positive...not just saying it...you could see it. It was an honor to be in my friend's presence and lend, not a shoulder, but a couple of ears.

HappyUP!!! - good news from a buddy
Why it happened - my buddy gave me a call
Why it makes me happy - my buddy got a new job. In these times, that is a HappyUP!!!



JollyJottings

Toastmasters
Getting my speech together
Avatar in 3D
Helping a buddy work some magic with the old workplace
Hearing from another buddy with good news
Catching up with an old industry friend
Text from a lost buddy

No comments: