Saturday, February 20, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1120


HappyUP!!! - 6 iron into 16
Why it happened - I nutted up
Why it makes me happy - I have talked about this before. When playing golf, you hopefully hit some good shots. The ball gets close...you make some birdies. These are nice, solid shots. Every so often, and the great Ben Hogan talked about how rare they were, you hit an absolutely pure one. 172....into a bit of a breeze....hadn't been playing well....then......BOOM! It makes your day. It's a hope thing.

HappyUP!!! - hole 6
Why it happened - we were in a tournament
Why it makes me happy - we usually play the "gold" tees. Today was a tournament so we "moved up" to the blues. This time of year, I'm not hitting many par 5's in two from the golds. Today, I had a shot at it. I took it and screamed the ball through the green. Hey, for me, that is a HappyUP!!! of it's own. Now, I had a very delicate little short bunker shot......popped it out....made the 4 footer for birdie......and contributed to the team. 4 good shots.

HappyUP!!! - a buddy popped by
Why it happened - I have some great friends
Why it makes me happy - we just had the greatest time chatting.....with a little bit of ice cream to boot. Niiiiiizzzzze.




JollyJottings

6 iron into 16
Wedge into 10
Sand shot on 6
Seeing a buddy
My partner's play
Call from a friend
A buddy popping by


No comments: