Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1110



HappyUP!!! - BASIC pizza
Why it happened - I was hungry
Why it makes me happy - a lot of people have been saying this pizza is pretty good. I hadn't really ever tried it. I walked down....delicious!

HappyUP!!! - NOT having to use the jumper cables
Why it happened - my buddy's car started
Why it makes me happy - hey....I'll hook up the jumpers to help anyone. I was having coffee with my bud who told me he was having alternator problems and I might need to give him a jump. No big deal....that is never an inconvenience to help someone. When we went out, his car started. As stated, I'd do the jump thing all day long. Yet, do you really want to be getting dirty under the hood in the fog and cold? No...you don't....HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - a solid front 9
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - our course is playing LOOOOOONG from the gold tees right now. I hit 7 out of 9 greens. The two I missed?....I just missed. The golf game is not looking too bad for February (though we won't talk about the back 9)

HappyUP!!! - golfing just to golf today
Why it happened - none of the bandits were playing today
Why it makes me happy - see that good front 9 above...I would have been way up after 9. If any of my "bandit buddies" had been with me, they would have pressed the wagers on back 9.........and just kicked my hiney! HappyUP!!! to a day of just slapping it around.

HappyUP!!! - doing a favor
Why it happened - I went out of my way
Why it makes me happy - sure, I got a text "thank you,"....which was appropriate and polite....but, at the end of the day, we don't do things for other people. We do them for ourselves. My buddy could have never told me, "thank you," and I still would have been fine because I know I went out of my way to help someone else. It's a good thing to do.

HappyUP!!! - good news from a friend
Why it happened - my friend had to make some tough calls
Why it makes me happy - I like to hear when my friends get to a better place

JollyJottings

Walking the course
A solid front 9
Lovely day
Seeing Seth
Doing a favor for a friend
Top down
Getting through the commute
Not having to get out jumper cables for my buddy


No comments: