Wednesday, April 29, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 823...A Decent Round of Golf

HappyUP!!! - a decent score
Why it happened - I took that lesson 2 weeks ago and have been working on it
Why it makes me happy - I hadn't played well in at least two months. While I had some loose shots today, I had enough good shots to have a decent round. More work to do but I definitely have things heading in the right direction for May.....which would be a good time to get it going in that direction.

HappyUP!!! - unlikely birdies
Why it happened - I have a bit of skill and had some good feelings
Why it makes me happy - they happened on the 9th and 18th holes....usually the money holes. Today was no different. I had about a 30 foot putt on 9 that I looked at and said to myself, "hey, this one looks makeable...really makeable." Down it went. The 18th was better because I had a challenging pitch up and over a mound. I hit it perfectly....I rushed to the top of the hill in time to watch it bounce, roll, and, ka-ching, fall in the cup. While I didn't think I would actually make the ball, I knew that I was going to hit a good chip.

.....and, yes, the cash went into my pocket and not out........HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - brekko
Why it happened - my buddy set it up
Why it makes me happy - always great to break bread with a bud. I also got some interesting info regarding my ex-employer and the industry.

HappyUP!!! - e-mails and phone conversations
Why it happened - I have some friends
Why it makes me happy - lots of happy information was exchanged today. No down information.

No comments: