Saturday, April 04, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 798

HappyUP!!! - winning a small tournament at the club
Why it happened - it was a good group effort
Why it makes me happy - none of us played that well. I didn't think we had a chance. Yet, we all chipped in just enough to have the winning score....go figure!

HappyUP!!! - sand shot
Why it happened - I know how to hit the shot
Why it makes me happy - I had about a 60 yard shot out of a sand shot...one of the tougher shots in golf. I hit it past the pin but the spin from the trap brought it back to the pin....and a birdie.

HappyUP!!! - Community Dinner
Why it happened - it's an annual benefit
Why it makes me happy - I ran into a lot of people that I see every so often at this event. It's kind of like a class reunion for our town.

HappyUP!!! - 9 more holes
Why it happened - some of the guys wanted to go
Why it makes me happy - I didn't play that well.....but the competition was excellent. It even uncovered a few nerves due to the extremely fast greens we are putting on. It's good to get those nerves tested as prep for tournament play coming up.

No comments: