Monday, September 15, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 596

HappyUP!!! - golf tomorrow
Why it happened - I took advantage of an invitation
Why it makes me happy - my golf course is closed all week due to an outside tournament. I called in a marker from my brother. I'm bringing another orphan golfer from my club along and we are going to my brother's club. He has two excellent players to join in. We are going to have some seriously good golf going on tomorrow. Tomorrow's HappyUP!!! will be if I actually play some of that good golf. In the meantime, I am thrilled about tomorrow's lineup.

HappyUP!!! - dealing with the down market
Why it happened - it's the market
Why it makes me happy - I have to admit, exposure to the challenging real estate and stock market is enough to be a CrappyDown!!!! Today, the stock market was ablaze with terrible news. There are people who say that we shouldn't expose ourselves to the barrage of bad news that we get. If it doesn't effect us, I would say they have a good point. If it does effect us and we don't stay informed, I believe that is the ostrich approach....I don't care for that. As "the world melted today," I was buoyed by a guy who had lost his job of 20+ years due to one of the financial institutions going out of business. I imagine he probably had lost some dough in a retirement plan as well. His attitude was, "I lost friends here on 9/11....things like today happen. I'll get through it. My friends didn't." It seemed like a genuine comment from someone that really had been effected by some of the worst that New York has to dish out. I found it helpful and uplifting.

HappyUP!!! - handling a piece of business
Why it happened - I finally took care of something
Why it makes me happy - ever put off doing something because you don't know exactly what to do....and it kind of hangs over you? I learned a long time ago that there gets a point where you just need to do something. Apparently, I forgot that lesson because I had let something suspend over my head for too long. Today, I took care of it even though I wasn't sure about it. Guess what? It wasn't that bad and I know I made the right call. Whew!.....Done!

No comments: