Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 611.......A Little.......Dare I say....Giddy?

There are a lot of days - when it is good to be me. Actually, a heck of a lot more days that it is than it isn't.

Does that sound cocky or arrogant - I hope not. I hope you feel the same way about yourself. If you don't, this HappyUP!!! deal is for you.

Today - was a banner day.

HappyUP!!! - today's golf situation
Why it happened - I was there early
Why it makes me happy - the weather was gorgeous. A touch warm but not close to uncomfortable. I got there early for my 3:45 game. A buddy was going out right then that I hadn't played with in over a month. One of my other regular buddies was going out too. I texted my 3:45 game and told him to join us out on the course. While he didn't take me up on the offer (a downer for me), it was great to play with W again.

HappyUP!!! - tying my course record
Why it happened - excellent chipping
Why it makes me happy - I had been working on my chipping....then I stopped. I worked on it a bit this morning again. It paid off. I only had 25 putts....my average is around 33. I didn't hit many greens in regulation but I was just off on most of them....and I got the ball down in two a lot. I forget which old famous golfer it was (I believe Ben Hogan....could have been Bobby Jones) who said, "the true joy of golf is turning 3 shots into 2." I experienced that joy today. If I hadn't had a bit of a flub on my 17th hole, I would have broken my own course record.

HappyUP!!! - promoting Toastmasters
Why it happened - I made the commitment
Why it makes me happy - I think we will get at least two new members from it.....and that is what we are looking for.

HappyUP!!! - running into my old friend, V
Why it happened - I was out promoting Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - I love V to pieces.......but we rarely see each other. When we do, it is years in between. We always lose each other's contact info. When we do run into each other, it's always a HappyUP!!! We committed to getting together soon.

Bonus HappyUP!!! - some tasty eating
Why it happened - I fired up the grill
Why it makes me happy - I had a chuck steak for lunch. I love chuck steak. I grew up in a financially challenged household. We would have steak sometimes....mostly chuck steak. My mom would justify it by saying, "I prefer chuck steak. It has more flavor." Today, I like rib-eyes.....but not when a rib-eye costs ten to twelve bucks and a chuck steak is three fifty. I followed up the steak with a delicious piece of grilled snapper this evening. Delicious!

Extra Bonus HappyUP!!! - the stock market was up
Why it happened - who knows...it's the stock market
Why it makes me happy - are you kidding? Did you see that 770+ point drop yesterday? We needed that 480 point gain today! A little salve on the wound always feels good.

JollyJottings

Golfing with W
Toastmasters
Outside speech
Visit to the Chamber
Canvassing
Tying my current golf record
25 putts
Steak
Snapper
Weather

No comments: