Thursday, September 18, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 600

HappyUP!!! - unexpected golf
Why it happened - Boz made the call
Why it makes me happy - our course was supposed to be closed to the members all week due to an outside tournament. It turns out that members could play at 4. Boz made a time. When he let me know about that, the anticipation of getting back on our course after a week got me stoked.

HappyUP!!! - stock market
Why it happened - crazy times...regulated times
Why it makes me happy - I was doing some wild trading as everyone knew the market would open way up. I also figured that it would retreat quickly. I was in and out of positions fast....some not fast enough. At the end of the trading, I broke about even. It was a day like has never been seen for an opening on Wall St. By the end of the day, I was back in a strong cash position and made a little bit of dough back that had been lost this week. This has been the craziest week in the market....ever. I am happy it is behind us.

HappyUP!!! - golfing and whuppin on Boz
Why it happened - it should always happen
Why it makes me happy - I am 2-0 since I have had to keep written records. Boz had beaten me about 4-5 times in a row (he says 8). This was after I had a string of beating him about 5 times (he says twice). We now have a pattern going. More importantly, I think I made a key swing discovery. I had gotten way too mechanical. This was making it impossible for my wrists to properly "lag" and then release fully into the ball like a whip. I seemed to have picked up some clubhead speed. Boz even noticed that my swing looked better. The swing started to feel a little more like it did "back in the day." We'll see....this could be a major and lasting HappyUP!!!



JollyJottings

Fun in the stock market
Getting away with some dodgy trading
An up day in the stock market
Breakfast with my buddy, E
Ryder Cup action
Finding out about unexpected golf
Hitting some great shots
Beating my buddy, Boz

No comments: