Thursday, September 11, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 592

HappyUP!!! - an Eagle!
Why it happened - I played three perfect shots
Why it makes me happy - an eagle on a hole in golf is two under par. There is one hole on my course that I have not even birdied (one under par). It's tough. I hit the soft driver....the three wood down the middle...and then knocked the 95 yd remaining shot in the hole! My buddy, R, that I play golf with is a much better golfer than I am. He can hit a lot of the par 5's in two shots because he hits it farther. Since we joined the club, he has one eagle....a par 5 he hit in two and one putted. I have two eagles....both on par 5's that I have knocked wedges in on. I keep a leg up on a guy better than me...for now. That's a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - a new wedge
Why it happened - I acted
Why it makes me happy - yesterday, I hit my 52 degree wedge a little off...and the ball went nowhere. At that point I said, "I need to get a wedge like my 54 degree wedge." I ran over to Wide World of Golf right before going to the course and I got the matching wedge. This is the wedge that I used above. On it's very first shot, the ball went in the hole!

HappyUP!!! - decent day in the markets
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - do you have any idea how skittish the stock market is? There are a lot of things going on that are very artificial. While today didn't make up for the downward spiral since Labor Day, it was good to be up today!

JollyJottings

Eagle
New Wedge
Almost Hole in One
Birdie Putts
News from the old front
Seeing R.C.
Decent day in the markets

No comments: