Tuesday, September 02, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 583

HappyUP!!! - Republican National Convention
Why it happened - it's election time
Why it makes me happy - Fred Thompson did a great job...as good or better than any "epic" speech I heard at the DNC last week. Joe Lieberman was awesome...walking across the street to put country before party. Keith Obamerman of CNBC was funny too. He was trying so hard to slam Republicans and came up with nothing. He's so easy to laugh at.

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - I belong to a club
Why it makes me happy - I got a good practice session in before I played 9 holes. While there was some stink on the 9 holes I played, there was some evidence of the changes that I am making. I took the extra club, hit a punch shot into a par 3 with a little bit of cut spin, drifted it on the green, rolling toward the hole, catching the downslope of the green, and finished 4 feet from the pin. I hit a nice little medium wedge within 4 feet on another hole. I wedged out of trouble on a par 5...kept plugging....and snaked in a 30 footer to save par. The new putting stroke feels good but will get a little practice tomorrow.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it's Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - we got our representatives chosen for the speech contest this Friday night. We are ready to go!

JollyJottings

Practice
The new swing
The checking pitch shot
Shot selection
Republican National Convention
Toastmasters
E-mail from my friend, E
E-mails from an enviro consultant friend
Spanking my friend in golf
Two tight birdie chances
Rolling in the 30 footer
The new putting stroke
Laughing at Keith Obamerman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big follower of politics. Though my husband is and I listen to him. I enjoy golf but rarely play. However I do like reading about the fun and excitement you're getting from the sport. Very cool.