Thursday, September 04, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 585

OK...today was a tough day - when the stock market is off 344 points on top of a couple of miserable days in the prior to it, it is kind of tough to be happy. The markets just aren't behaving.

Yet - it is exactly why you MUST HappyUP!!! Nothing is going to make the loss go away....but not all is lost. Yes, that makes good sense when you say it but, deep down, it is easy to cave to the negatives....

....and it is why - you and I HappyUP!!! every single day. Let's go:

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - I had a game with two of my best golf buddies
Why it makes me happy - I like hanging with these guys. I had two birdies when I average .5 a round. I didn't hit the ball well but had 27 putts (I average almost 33 putts) so my scrambling abilities were on. I also discovered a couple of new tools in my arsenal that I had forgot about.

HappyUP!!! - John McCain
Why it happened - there is a convention going on
Why it makes me happy - we definitely have an election going on. Between McCain tonight and Sara Palin last night, I think McCain will lead the polls next week. THAT is a HappyUP!!! The idea of a Democratic Congress, Senate, and President is to my cheese to give to those mice.

HappyUP!!! - call from a close friend
Why it happened - it was a response to a text
Why it makes me happy - I always love to chat with this person. I will also get a chance to do the person a favor. It's a HappyUP!!! anytime you can help someone out.

JollyJottings

Two birdies
27 putts
Cut Driver
Flat swing driver
Call from a friend
The closing bell

No comments: