Thursday, September 18, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 599

HappyUP!!! - 28 putts
Why it happened - been practicing....and missed a lot of greens
Why it makes me happy - I only hit 2 greens today. My score could have been through the roof. I have been practicing with my wedge, however, and it saved me some shots today. It's good when your practice pays off. Time to go practice the long game!

HappyUP!!! - stock market rally
Why it happened - WHO KNOWS
Why it makes me happy - I learned some things about myself today. The stock market disgusts me these days. The unethical at best and corrupt at worse behavior of the hedge fund makes the stock market a total crap shoot. This is unacceptable. We had a rally...then a pullback...then a rally...then a pullback (this is where I said, "enough" , and did some selling. I increased my holdings from 22% cash to 48%. THEN, the market went into hyper rally. Am I kicking myself for not staying "more in." NO! I would have been up a few more bucks but it was the reason and the principal that fueled my decision. This market is not right. I'll be looking for a good open tomorrow....perhaps try to buy a couple of stocks for IMMEDIATE trades....and then be selling off for the weekend.

HappyUP!!! - call from the burro
Why it happened - a person we knew from the past was arrested
Why it makes me happy - it was good hearing from this old friend. We used to be tight. Then, he got married... moved about 20 miles away....had a couple of kids. He lives an entirely different life. Yet, we can go 6 months without talking and we are right back to where we always were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about stocks. But I'm glad to hear about your phone call with your friend from the past.