Friday, September 05, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 586

HappyUP!!! - the golf course
Why it happened - I went there
Why it makes me happy - a lot of reasons today. The Bridgestone Golf Ball people were there. I found out my clubhead speed was 101 to 105 miles per hour. I actually hit the ball just as far at 101 than I did at 105. My friend was on the range later (another reason to be happy). He BOMBS the ball. His clubhead speed is only a little faster than mine. I'm just not striking it correctly (duh....news at 11). The pro was on the range and I bit the bullet and said, "dude, let's do a lesson tomorrow." I also had a very productive chipping practice session. I am going to get my golf game back.....and then some.

HappyUP!!! - toastmasters speech contest
Why it happened - it is the season
Why it makes me happy - we did it on our turf this time. One of our members won Table Topics and the other came in second. We were represented well which has always been a goal of mine since the club's inception 21 years ago.

HappyUP!!! - stock market rebound
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - the stock market is schizoid right now. Weird things are going on. Artificial things ....like hedge funds doing massive selloffs because they have misplayed the market all year and are going out of business. They dump their stocks so they can return what assets are left to the fund investors. Naughty... naughty...naughty. It's caused a lot of pain in the portfolios of investors this week. It was doing it again this morning until a rebound brought things up to even in the afternoon. The market is hard enough to gauge during these times without these borderline shenanigans!

JollyJottings

Ball Fitting
Market rebound
Toastmasters Contest
Hitting balls with my friend on the range
A good chipping session
Biting the bullet and setting up a lesson

No comments: