Sunday, September 21, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 602






HappyUP!!! - a day in the Capay Valley
Why it happened - my brother set it up
Why it makes me happy - it's GOLF!...at a Fabulous golf course!....that I have never played before!...with 7 other guys!...including my brother and good friend!...with great weather!...and I played pretty well!...and I won my bets!
Does life get much better than that?!?






HappyUP!!! - the first tee
Why it happened - see above
Why it makes me happy - it's not often that you get to hit a ball from an elevated tee.....I mean ELEVATED. When an architect takes advantage of the landscape and sets a hole up like that, it is always dramatic. You get a view. You wonder, "just how far is this going to go?" You get to watch your ball carry in the air a loooooong time. There is a moment, though, when you step up to that tee for the very first time and just go, "this is cool!"....and THAT is the HappyUP!!! (see in photo to the left)



HappyUP!!! - a pleasant drive
Why it happened -we had to get to the new golf course
Why it makes me happy - I really should get out more often....see what there is to see....take a few more drives and just view the interesting little sites along the way. Today was one of those days. Ever been to Esparto? I hope not. Esparto is a little town that you go through...like we did. BUT, it is interesting to pass through.
Interesting things are HappyUP!!!s

HappyUP!!! - a funny line
Why it happened - I crack more than my share
Why it makes me happy - I like to make people laugh. We came upon an interesting hole today. There was water right in front of the tee.....you had no choice but to hit over it. Once over the lake, you had a choice to go to a fairway on the right or the fairway on the left. There was a creek that feeds the lake that splits the two fairways. If you choose the fairway on the left, the hole is a little shorter but it was a smaller landing area and you risk hitting into the creek that divides the fairways. One of the guys was having a hard time figuring it out so I explained his options and answered his questions. Then he asked, "how far to hit over the lake?" I said, "....if you are asking that question, you are playing the wrong tees!"

No comments: