Monday, January 14, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 352

HappyUP!!! - calling people about compensation
Why it happened - it's bonus time
Why it makes me happy - they were both getting more than they expected. I could hear the joy in their voices. That joy was precious to me.

HappyUP!!! - having my idea presented to my peers
Why it happened - my boss thought it was a timely suggestion
Why it makes me happy - I felt like I had been crying wolf for a few months about a problem. Finally, we are on the road to getting the issue solved.

HappyUP!!! - finding out about a subordinates comp
Why it happened - the comp came out right....the first time
Why it makes me happy - I thought that I was going to have to fight for one of my employees to get paid correctly. When the info came out on the website today, it was correct the first time. All I had to do was hit an "approve" button and pick up the phone (see first HappyUP!!!). Sometimes, you have to appreciate when the anticipate worst doesn't happen. Did I say "sometimes"? You should do it everytime!


JollyJottings

Meeting with client
Meeting with a subordinate
Assisting with getting a deal fixed
A nice no rush morning before going to the office
Good eating
A fun e-mail project with a friend
Calling a subordinate about compensation
Finding out about a subordinates compensation
Having my idea presented to my peers

No comments: