Tuesday, January 08, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 346

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - it's Tuesday
Why it makes me happy - we were off two weeks for the holiday. I missed the group so it was good to be back. More importantly, we had a FANTASMIC meeting! Two great speeches. Sharp evaluations. Awesome.

HappyUP!!! - my presentation
Why it happened - I had to cover when someone ran late
Why it makes me happy - I had an important piece to give at a meeting. This was an important one with some fairly big people in the room. At the last minute, the person opening the meeting called because he was late. Because I was up after him, I covered his spot. Everything went great. One of the big people, who has been to MANY of these rollout meetings...many.....went out of her way to tell me how great a job I did. Because of the way I presented it, she had never thought of it that way before and said that I was super on-point. I was able to deliver my prepared portion (what she was talking about) after delivering the piece that I was tossed into. No problem. Why? See HappyUP!!! above.............Toastmasters

HappyUP!!! - finding a mistake
Why it happened - my on-line stock account wasn't jibing with my off line tracker
Why it makes me happy - I owned 500 more shares of a stock than I had recorded in my tracker. It made me feel like I "found" a TON of dough. Did I really? Literally, I didn't. In my mind, I did. Which is right? All I know is that I feel much wealthier catching my mistake!

No comments: